Mar 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (13)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun!

Top Ten Books on my Spring TBR


1.) Goddess by Josephine Angelini: The conclusion to the Starcrossed series which I am in love with. I am clamoring for all the secrets to finally be revealed and exposed! Woohoo!

2.) Imposter by Jill Hathway: I really enjoyed the first book in the series, Slide, last year. I wasn't aware that there would be a sequel, but I'm anxious to get back into Vee's head. Literally.

3.) The Program by Suzanne Young: This book reminds me vaguely of Delirium with it's repressed emotions, but it seems like the stakes are much higher here. I'm not overly familiar with Suzanne's books, but a good friend of mine raves about her, so I am definitely on board for this one!

4.) The Rules by Stacey Kade: A girl created in a lab trying to survive in high school? Heck yeah! I am all for this one. Another novel that reminds me of the TV show Dark Angel (seriously, awesome show).
5.) This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith: I love the idea of a major celebrity accidentally emailing a girl and then them forming a relationship from it. Besides, Jennifer wowed me with her debut The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight last year.

6.) If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin: This book just seems haunted and mysterious. Something I could sink into on a rainy afternoon.

7.) Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris: Words can't express how thrown I was by Unraveling last year (Elizabeth's debut and book 1 in the series). I devoured this book and was sad when I believed it was a standalone. Thankfully that was not the case!

8.) Dare You To by Katie McGarry: Oh how I loved Pushing the Limits last year. Definitely one of my favorite contemporary reads, so I am SO ANXIOUS for its sequel.'

9.) Reboot by Amy Tinterra: Another book that's oddly reminiscent of Dark Angel with it's super-soliders. I just adore the concept of this, and I am so glad I have it sitting on my shelf to be read.

10.) The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston: I've been excited about this one for quite awhile now. I love the idea of a YA book centered in the world of witness protection. How has this not been done before?! 

11 comments:

  1. Oh! Some excellent-sounding choices! *goes to adjust to-read list*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for Dare you To as well. Pushing the Limits was one of my absolute faves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also anxiously awaiting some of these. Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Hannah,

    I'm going to steal this list you've posted and use it as my own because it is EPIC. I want every single book you have listed and it would be awesome if I could have them immediately. I think of the 10, Dare You To, Goddess and Unbreakable are the ones I'm craving most, but all of them are on my list for sure. SO MANY GOOD BOOKS COMING OUT THIS SPRING/SUMMER. Bring them on:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you loved Unraveling as much as me. I think you of you when I pass my bookshelf and see Unbreakable staring at me. :D

      Delete
  5. IMPOSTOR, THE PROGRAM, and REBOOT are all in my near future reading plans as well. Had I done an extended list, it never would have ended!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goddess, This Is What Happy Looks Like, and Dare You To! AHH. I cannot wait for all three.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree about The Rules for Disappearing... the whole idea about Witness Protection in a YA book sounds AWESOME!!! Nice list!


    Our TTT

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  8. a ton of those books are on my TBR, The Rules, The Rules for Disappearing, The Program... I already read This is What Happy Looks Like and it was great!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!