Dec 11, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday (11)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
 
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun!


Top 10 Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2012

Kasie West
1. Veronica Rossi: Rossi flat-out slayed me with her debut, Under the Never Sky. Even her novella Roar and Liv was epic. This is one author who has won me as a life-long fan.

2. Kasie West: Techincally her debut, Pivot Point, doesn't release until 2013, but I read it in 2012 and so she is on my list. Pivot Point may go down as one of my favorite books EVER. If you haven't heard much about West, get ready. She's going to be huge in 2013 and beyond.

3. Ingrid Paulson: Cannot thank this woman enough for introducing me to the awesomeness of Nordic mythology. Greek mythology is so 2011. 

4. C.J. Redwine: Defiance has been on everyone's radar for months. This debut author was developing a following before her novel had a cover - that takes talent. 

Hannah Harrington
5. Hannah Harrington: Prior to getting a copy of Speechless at BEA, I hadn't read anything by Harrington. I had heard good things about Saving June, but kept putting it off. Harrington brought me to tears in Speechless and any author that can evoke a physical reaction from me earns a spot on this list.

6. Kathleen Peacock: Hemlock was that book I just never saw coming. I got it for review and was bored one night, so I decided to read a couple chapters. That turned into a six-hour marathon to read to finish the novel. It's romantic and mysterious and totally yummy. Peacock is fantastic.

7. Kiera Cass: I felt so blessed to have been given a copy of The Selection to review. This book got a crazy amount of publicity, and most books that get that kind of press fall flat in one way or another. The Selection met and exceeded all my expectations.

8. Meredith Zeitlin: Few books have made me laugh as hard as Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters. Zeitlin has the gift when it comes to comedic charm in a novel.

Sarah Skilton
9. Elizabeth Norris: When I went to BEA this year, almost everyone was hyped about the Dark Days author signing because of Veronica Roth (who totally rocks), but I was most excited about Liz Norris. Her debut Unraveling blew my mind. I cannot wait to see where she takes me next.

10. Sarah Skilton: Another 2013 author who I read this year, but Bruised was one of the most powerful books I read this year. As a plus, I've been chatting with Skilton via email and twitter, and she is such a sweetheart.

1 comments:

  1. Yay! We have some of the same authors on our list! I'm hoping to get to Cass and Norris sometime in 2013 because their books sound amazing.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!