Dec 1, 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith


Title: The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Publisher:  Poppy
Publication Date: 1.2.2012
Pages: 236
Genre: Contemporary
Series: No
Source: Finished copy from publisher

Rating: A

Summary (from Goodreads):
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Review:
This is one of those books that I am mentally slapping myself for not having read sooner. I mean, it’s not like I hadn’t heard about it. I felt like almost everyone else had read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith except me—and they all loved it.

This book is, simply put, amazing. I loved how effortless the whole thing seemed. Smith has a genuine way of writing that put me at ease and made this book a joy to read. I felt like the time melted away when I was lost in this world.

Hadley and Oliver … These two killed me. They were so obviously meant to be. I’m a sucker for a good romance, and while I get how completely unrealistic this is (I mean, who meets and can fall in love in 24 hours or less?), but I loved the fantasy of it. I loved that while I was immersing myself in their lives I was able to put my own aside. Sometimes it’s delicious to be able to crawl into someone else’s mind for a while and it book proved to be an awesome escape from reality.

This is the book you curl up with one afternoon with the mindset that you won’t leave until it’s finished. I felt like it could have been longer, but that’s probably just me being greedy. It’s a breezy read—not very long, but just long enough to make the reader satisfied. If you’re one of the few that hasn’t read this one—check it out ASAP.


8 comments:

  1. YEAH HANNAH! I really enjoyed this one too! It was just so cute, and like you, I didn't even care that it was completely unrealistic. It just made me happy:) I can't wait for the next book - the name escapes me but it's about the actor and the small town girl. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this yet, but it sounds like something I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm even more behind! I haven't heard of this book before I saw your review on the sidebar. Go figure. I'll have to check this out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i tried but i just couldn't finish this book -.-

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was me with Anna and the French Kiss. I put off reading it to the point where everyone else had read it and when I finally did I was mad at myself for putting it off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree, loved it! I am also a sucker for romance and this one was sooooo good. I wouldn't have been against reading more about these characters either. I can't wait to read her next book which looks equally amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've fallen in love with all of the contemporary books out this year. I keep seeing this one and am drawn to it. Thanks for your thoughts! I hope I like it as much:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like the just the book for a plane flight! xD
    I read fluffy contemporaries occasionally so I'll definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!