Jan 1, 2012

2011 - A Year In Review

2011 was a big year for me - namely because I actually started this blog. It was started in February, and here's what I learned in a little less than a year:

-Blogging is hard work.
 I went into blogging think this would be a piece of cake. I love reading, I love books, so why not start a blog to talk about that? I must admit that the added allure of those ever ellusive ARCs and review copies was a hige temptation.
  About 3 months in, I got tired of the work. I lagged and I put things off, but then around the beginning of June, I finally got into a more solid rhythm, which seems to have been working the last 6 months.

-I hit the 1,000 follower mark!
  I swear I never, ever thought I would get there and now the number keeps on climbing! Hitting that number was a huge vote of confidence for me, and I wish I could have done something to commemorate it, but I hit it right in the middle of the holiday crunch and had zero time to pull something together. Sigh. Maybe a 1,100 follower party/giveaway?

-I learned how to use Twitter!
 I was a total Twidiot before starting my blog. Now, not only do I use Twitter (OK, not that frequently), but I know how it works!

-Bloggers really are awesome people
  I have met some crazy cool people I never would've met unless I started blogging. Here's my biggest piece of advice to new bloggers/aspiring bloggers: MAKE CONNECTIONS. 90% of bloggers genuinely want to help other bloggers succeed, so ask if you are unsure about something! Don't be afraid to email us or start a conversation!

What to expect in 2012...

1. More reviews!
2. Full BEA coverage in June - not only will I be going, but I will be taking my camera and documenting it all for those who can't go this year.
3. More author interviews!
4. Challenges!
5. Giveaways!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!